2013 Kia Soul User Manual
2013 Kia Soul Owner Manual Excerpts
Opening the hood
1.Pull the release lever to unlatch the hood. The hood should pop open slightly.
Open the hood after turning off the engine on a flat surface, shifting the shift lever to the P(Park) position for automatic transaxle and to the 1st(First) gear or R(Reverse) for manual transaxle, and setting the parking brake.
2.Go to the front of the vehicle, raise the hood slightly, pull the secondary latch inside of the hood center and lift the hood.
3.Pull out the support rod from the hood.
4.Hold the hood open with the support rod.
Closing the hood
1. Before closing the hood, check the following:
• All filler caps in the engine compartment must be correctly installed.
• Gloves, rags or any other combustible material must be removed from the engine compartment.
2. Return the support rod to its clip to prevent it from rattling.
3. Lower the hood until it is about 1 ft. (30 cm) above the closed position and let it drop. Make sure that it locks into place.
The support rod must be inserted completely into the hole provided whenever you inspect the engine compartment. This will prevent the hood from falling and possibly injuring you.