2013 Lincoln MKZ User Manual
2013 Lincoln MKZ Owner Manual Excerpts
CLEANING THE EXTERIOR
Wash your vehicle regularly with cool or lukewarm water and a neutral pH shampoo, such as Motorcraft® Detail
• Never use strong household detergents or soap, such as dish washing or laundry liquid. These products can discolor and spot
• Never wash a vehicle that is “hot to the touch” or during exposure to strong, direct sunlight.
• Dry the vehicle with a chamois or soft terry cloth towel in order to eliminate water spotting.
• Immediately remove items such as gasoline, diesel fuel, bird droppings and insect deposits because they can cause damage to the vehicle’s paintwork and trim over time. Use Motorcraft® Bug and Tar Remover.
• Remove any exterior accessories, such as antennas, before entering a car wash.
Note: Suntan lotions and insect repellents can damage any painted surface; if these substances come in contact with your vehicle, wash off as soon as possible.